[Moin-user] Revmoing Rel 1.3.4

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jun 7 10:15:55 EDT 2005

> Can anyone give me advise in how to remove rel 1.3.4 from my server
> completely.

First, make a backup of all you "remove". Just for the case...

Removing the software is easy. Just go to
/usr/lib/python2.x/site-packages/ and remove the MoinMoin directory.

Same for /usr/share/moin (static stuff).

Make sure you don't delete your data_dir (see wikiconfig.py).

The directories may differ depending on where you installed it to.

The biggest problem is your data. If you converted your data_dir to 1.3
using the mig scripts, you would need a complex reverse conversion tool
- but there is none.

If you have a backup of your 1.2 data that is good enough, just use that.

 > I need to go back to ver 1.2.3.  Thank you…

Well, maybe tell us why and join us on IRC server irc.freenode.net
channel #moin, I am quite sure we could help you with your 1.3 problem.

That's maybe far easier and makes more sense than writing a reverse
converter.