[Moin-user] Re: ReSt as default parser?

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Wed Mar 23 09:19:08 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:26:33 +0100, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> I am wondering if anybody out there uses the ReSt-parser as MoinMoin
>> default parser.

I know a site that uses ReSt on many pages. It works quite good. Currently,
there is just one known ReSt parser issue: recursive includes are just
limited after a given amount of include calls, not by looking into the
include tree. But this is not a big issue ...

>> Is the ReSt-parser supposed to be a replacement for
>> the wiki parser or more as an add-on for special purpose pages?

Both should be possible.

>> While my tests with ReSt are promising, I somehow have the feeling
>> that we might run into troubles sooner or later, if defining it as
>> default parser.

> So maybe be prepared to hack the rst parser if it doesn't do what you
> want from it.

Or contact me, as I am currently maintaining the ReSt parser :-)

> I don't know if any of us core developers use rst, but I think maybe
> none of us uses it.

I use it just for testing, not in production.

Kind regards,
Alexander