[Moin-user] Editing the Edit Page

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:29:01 EDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Brandon Kuczenski <bkuczens at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible to edit the page that is displayed when editing a page?  I
> would like to add a few helpful formatting tips to the ones already
> listed (specifically, add the [:WikiPage: Desired Label For Page] syntax)

I asked something similar not too long ago.  Appearantly, this is a
generally desired ability, at least as far as the help text goes, but
no implementation has been done yet.

It's possible to make changes here by hacking on the
MoinMoin.PageEditor module directly, which is what I ended up doing
since I don't have  time to play with and contribute to the CVS head
right now, though I think I see how something simple could be worked
out for the help text.

The MoinMoin.PageEditor module has a string literal in the
sendEditor() method; that's the place to make changes for now.  In my
case, my wiki isn't using the classic markup by default, so I simply
wrapped the help text generation with an 'if self.cfg.default_markup
== "wiki"' condition.

  -Fred