[Moin-user] Any interest in making Doxygen the standard doc tool for MoinMoin?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 26 13:39:02 EDT 2006

 From what I can see right now (please correct me if I'm wrong),
MoinMoin documentation is currently spread out between the code and the
wiki, and it is not guaranteed that the two are in sync.

Doxygen is a superb documentation tool that supports Python, amongst
many other languages. Think of it as Javadoc on steroids and done right.
Among other things, it allows documentation--even user documentation--to
be placed within the source code. You can read more about it at
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/.

I, for one, would be happy to contribute to documentation about Moin,
but find the wiki too unstructured for my tastes. (I'm a tech writer by
trade). Amongst other things, it makes it very difficult to ensure that
docs on the wiki are actually up to data for the current Moin version.
On the other hand, if I were going through multiconfig.py (as I just
was), I could simply add the necessary doxygen comments, and then do
whatever is necessary to get the documented multiconfig.py into the
source tree. The next time doxygen was run, everything would be
generated in pretty HTML.

Thoughts for or against?
Thanks,
Ken