[Moin-user] page titles in moin 1.5?

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Tue May 16 23:58:04 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:34 -0700, Max Campos wrote:
> How should your average page be titled in moin 1.5?   As I see it
> there are two options:

The short answer is: your page is titled the way your theme titles it.
The standard themes that come with MoinMoin have changed recently with
respect to page titling, but if you would prefer the titles to look
different you should create a new theme.  Ask me, or this list, or on
#moin on freenode.net if you want help.

If all you want is a modified theme, I'll put one up on my page on the
MoinMoin site later today.
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/RobertSchumann?action=AttachFile

> (Ex: page name is:  "DirectionsTo/GrandmasHouse)
>

> Option 1: (in-body title)
> = Directions to Grandma's House =
> ... now here's my content ....
>

> Option 2: (no in-body title)
> .... here's my content ....
>

> (#1) introduces a third place on the page where the title/page name
> appears & sucks additional unnecessary screen real estate.  It will
> require that we redo all of our current pages to use an additional '='
> for all of the current headings (i.e. the title will be "=" and our
> existing headings need to be moved from "=" to "==").

I don't really see the problem here.  All my page titles use heading
level 2 ('==') (just a habit).  If you have used '=' on all your pages
and now you want to introduce a bigger heading, then yes, you may have
to make some changes.  It's probably better to edit your theme and
include the title if you want it.

Robert.