[Moin-user] acl for sub pages

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sun Dec 23 18:50:01 EST 2007

I thought I saw in the doc that a sub page inherits the acl of its
enclosing directory. I think I see a pattern here but I'd like
some clarification. Is this a bug?

Two pages are below (each starting with an acl) I find that All
can read MyName/PrivateArea/SubPage (and it's linked in recent
changes) even though only MyName can read MyName/PrivateArea

#acl MyName:read,write,delete,revert All:read
= MyName =

./PrivateArea

#acl MyName:read,write,delete,revert All:none
= MyName/PrivateArea =

./SubPage

Presumably All:read (purpose was to make MyName readonly for
others) is first match for All on MyName/PrivateArea/SubPage
(which is immutable for others) Must I put an acl on each
PrivateArea/SubPage or is there a simpler way to limit everything
below PrivateArea to MyName?

Also, is there any way to not list PrivateArea/SubPage in recent
changes?

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><