[Moin-user] email lost password sends password in encrypted form

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:48:54 EST 2007

On 01 Feb 2007 03:54:17 -0800, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/ResetPasswordEmailImproperlyEncoded
>>
>> that seems to describe my problem.  I did a check to see whether the
>> encoded form of my password would have a trailing '=' sign, and it
>> does.  When the encoded version is emailed to me, I do not see the '='
>> sign.
>
> As you see at the bottom of the bug page, the issue was fixed (worked
> around) by multiple patches, so using a recent moin release should help.
>
> The main problem with that stuff was that some python standard lib's
> email function are buggy and behave differently, so we had to add some
> magic dynamically doing the right thing.

I do have MoinMoin 1.5.4.

In my distribution, the relevant lines in MoinMoin/user/mail.py show
the fix:

,----
|     # work around a bug in python 2.4.3 and above:
|     msg.set_payload('=')
|     if msg.as_string().endswith('='):
|         text = charset.body_encode(text)
|
|     msg.set_payload(text)

`----

And yet the trailing '=' is still swallowed.

The problem might be that the web host is still running python 2.2.3.

Ted

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier.

 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal