[Moin-user] headers in python

Mark Grieveson dg135 at torfree.net
Fri Feb 23 10:12:39 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:57:54 -0500
Mark Grieveson <dg135 at torfree.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:51:53 -0500
> Mark Grieveson <dg135 at torfree.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello.  I'm trying to integrate a moinmoin wiki with the rest of my site.  Can header files be done in python?  In php, I use the code:
> >
> > <? include ("header.html"); ?>
> >
> > Is there an equivalent code in python?  I Googled, but without success.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> Okay, I figured this out.  I don't think there's a feasible way for me to do this with python; so, I stopped mucking about and breaking my wikiconfig.py file, and instead added
>
> <? include("header.html"); ?>
> <? include("http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"); ?>
> <? include("footer.html"); ?>
>
> to my index.php file.
>
> It works.  So I can now integrate the wiki into my site.
>
> Mark

The above mix of php with moinmoin gives pretty erratic results.  I think there must be a way to have an "include" type of command within python.  I recall when I was using Zope, a few years back, that it was possible.  Anyone have any ideas how it can be done in moinmoin?  Where can I edit what appears in the top portion of moinmoin?

Mark