[Moin-user] ACL problem after upgrade to 1.7.1

kai at aplteam.com kai at aplteam.com
Thu Aug 21 04:48:18 EDT 2008

I've upgraded successfully from 1.5.5 to 1.7.1 in one go without too
much difficulties I thought.

Well, some problems which look quite close to each other:

1. I have a page/group "AutoAdmin". Every user on that page is
supposed to have admin rights, and had in the past. Not anynore.
2. Although my own userid is also "superuser", I lost the ability to
edit pages which are immutable to everybody else (except AutoAdmin,
but that does not work either)

3. I also have a page/group TrustedGroup. User accounts are only
allowed to edit/add/delete/revert after being added to that group.
Worked fine in the past, stopped working since the upgrade.

The only way to enable myself to edit the otherwise immutable
frontpage was to add my userid to the acl of that page. I can,
however, edit ordinary pages. Other users cannot
edit/add/delete/revert anything at all, although they are member of
the TrustedGroup.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Kai