[Moin-user] upgrade to 1.7.2 blocked, external cookie auth does not work

Michael Matthews mjmatthews1 at rcn.com
Tue Dec 2 13:10:49 EST 2008

I am trying to upgrade from 1.5.x ri 1.7.2. Am using my own external
cookie authentication method. I did post this before but did not have
time to follow through. When user logs in authentication takes place,
login id is displayed but pagetrail only displays current page. I was
told this is a session failure. How do I debug this failure (which is
silent as far as I can tell)?

I did apply this patch which took care of some other errors I was seeing:
~/moin/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MoinMoin/request/__init__.py:1377:
if lkey in ['vary','cache-control','content-language','set-cookie']:

Where is session code to look at? Any  hints as to where it might be
failing.
How best to debug?

Everything else seems to work but I have not gone too far beyond this..
I see this is apache error_log, but have no idea what it means

2008-12-01 10:41:51,628 WARNING MoinMoin.log:120 using logging
configuration read from built-in fa
llback in MoinMoin.log module!
2008-12-01 10:41:53,711 INFO MoinMoin.config.multiconfig:124 using wiki
config: /home/www/wiki2/co
nfig/wikiconfig.pyc

Authentication login goes like this:

Check for auth cookie,

no cookie
   redirect to authentication service
   exit  ( how can this be done exactly?)
else
   take authentication server cookie with user information,
   establish user
   make local auth cookie
   apply cookie
   return

cookie mechanism is working fine as far as I can tell, just wiki is damaged.

Any help would be appreciated. Is this the right forum for this?

thanks