[Moin-user] Translation Namespace Policy

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Feb 10 17:07:05 EST 2008

> Is there any documentation on how moin moin should be setup to handle
> translations? How should the pages be named?

You are completely free about how to do this.

On MoinMaster wiki, where we translate the system and help pages, we
just create toplevel pages with translated page names. As long as you
have no conflicts, this works fine.

Instead of putting everything into a single wiki, you can also setup a
wiki farm with 1 wiki per language and use interwiki (e.g. En: De: Fr:).

In a case where the pagenames are the same, that would even play
nicelely with the sistersites mechanism, but not if you have translated
(== different) pagenames. There is the idea of having an extended
sisterwiki mechanism to handle the translation mapping of the pagenames,
but well, this is still just an idea.