[Moin-user] Problem with plugins after upgrading to 1.6.0

Jim Wight j.k.wight at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 04:40:31 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 18:41 +0100, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> > I've converted one wiki (from 1.3.5) to use 1.6.0. Pages are being
> > displayed OK apart from those accessing the plugin directory. Every
> > access of a page containing a 3rd-party macro results in an error of the
> > form:
> >
> >    No module named plugin.macro.XYZ
>
> Make sure there are all __init__.py like you see in wiki/data/plugin of
> the MoinMoin distribution archive. You can just copy them over to your
> data/plugin directory.

All __init__.py files within the converted wiki are identical to those
in the distribution archive.

> Also make sure you have all of the plugin/ subdirectories that are in
> the dist archive.

The converted wiki had a processor subirectory but not converter.

I've deleted all .pyc files from within plugin. When I attempt to access
a page containing a macro, plugin/__init__.pyc and
plugin/macro/__init__.pyc get recreated, but I continue to get

   No module named plugin.macro.XYZ

and of course plugin/macro/XYZ.pyc doesn't get created.

As I mentioned in my previous message, a new 1.6.0 wiki is able to use
this troublesome plugin directory, causing XYZ.pyc to be created.

Maybe I will start again, converting the same and other wikis in the
farm to see whether the problem recurs with any of them.

Jim