[Moin-user] recent visited pages

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Nov 23 16:10:04 EST 2008

> I recently migrated from the desktop version to 1.7.2 Thing are mostly
> OK. I'm dealing with syntax changes as I find them. No big deal.

There are migrations scripts doing most conversions needed.

> 1. With the desktop version I could see the last pages I'd visited in
>    the header. Very convenient way to pop back 2 - 3 pages. This is
>    missing in my 1.7.2 instance. I assume there's a configuration
>    option to allow this. Where may I find documentation on how to have
>    the "trail of pages" (?same as breadcrumbs?) on my personal wiki?

The trail will appear as soon as you've created an account and logged
in. If it does not, check your user preferences and enable it.

> 2. How do I limit the number of historical pages?

You don't. :)

We maybe will have some purge policy in some future moin version (that
also revisions files items), but for now the policy is just that we
don't care.

In the age of Terabyte hard disks, storing 100 (or 1000 or 10000)
revisions with a few KByte each doesn't matter much.

> 3. Can someone point me to documentation to get GD to index my
>    MoinMoin pages?

Sorry, I don't use GD.

If you have huge amounts of stuff in moin, you can enable xapian based
indexed search within moin.