[Moin-user] Strange macro behaviour (1.8.0rc1)

Greg Ward gerg.ward+moin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:38:58 EDT 2008

On 19 October 2008, Thomas Waldmann said:
> Maybe you rather want to add a rev=X parameter to the original Include
> macro.

Eventually.  Maybe.  I have looked at the code in Include.py, and I have
very little confidence in my ability to hack in another feature in an
elegant way without breaking things.  So I'm writing IncludeRevision as
a prototype to see if I can get it to work on its own.

> Please not that the original Include macro has this:
>
> Dependencies = ["time"] # works around MoinMoinBugs/TableOfContentsLacksLinks
>
> So it also works around some bugs by disabling caching.

Oh!  I missed that earlier.  I guess I can hold my nose and use a
similar kludge in my IncludeRevision macro for now.  I wish I understood
what was happening (i.e. what does a formatting bug have to do with
caching?), but at least I can get working output for now.

        Greg