[Moin-user] Static directory setup of 1.82 Moin using lighttpd server.

Ernesto Adorio ernesto.adorio at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:43:25 EST 2009

I could not rest after  I posted a problem to the list and in response
to my previous post regarding static images
not showing or javascript not working in my
lighttpd powered wiki, I experimented and added a line alias.url  to
my /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf file
just before the end of the closing brace of the

$HTTP["host"] =~ "wiki.mydomainname " {
   server.name = "wiki.mydomainname"
   alias.url = ( "/moin_static182/" =>"/usr/share/moin/moin_static182")
}

Well, I am happy now. So this is a web server problem, not of Moinmoin.

The documentation on installation with lighttpd and Moin 1.82 should
be fixed not to refer to
moin_static1.61.

-Ernie.