[Moin-user] Custom authenticator

Jakub Schmidtke sjakub at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:39:22 EST 2009

Roger Haase wrote:

> This page may help:
>   http://moinmo.in/HelpOnAuthentication/ExternalCookie
>
> Roger Haase

Thanks!

Do you know if this code works properly? Comments say that it's outdated...

I have already solved it by adding PHP Session authenticator to the list.

Anyway, maybe someone will find this authenticator useful.
It uses remote http(s) host with authentication for verifying if it can
authenticate on that host with supplied username and password.
It can also optionally check if returned webpage matches given string,
and optionally set email for users created.

So in my wikiconfig.py I have following entry (for remote https
authentication at the University of Waterloo):

    auth = [PHPSessionAuth(),
	RemoteHttpAuth(auth_url="https://ego.uwaterloo.ca/Authen",
                                required_web_content="OK\n",
                                auto_email_domain="uwaterloo.ca",