[Moin-user] Read-Only Underlay Q

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 02:56:49 EST 2009

> That's odd, and non-standard, and the reason I need (to write apparently) a
> patch.  We have security auditors who don't like applications writing to
> directories outside of their scope.

The underlay directory has to be considered as part of the wiki
instance, so that is definitely NOT outside moin's scope, but part of
its page storage.

Before we had underlay, those pages were just in the data directory,
like all the other pages created by your users.

We moved them to a separate directory for your convenience when doing
moin upgrades, so you can just throw them away all at once and replace
them with a newer set that comes with the upgrade.