[Moin-user] 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position 0: unexpected code byte

Jose P. Carballo carballojose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 10:43:27 EST 2009

Hello, I need help on this error or at least to be oriented in reporting it
as a bug. I installed MoinMoin fine and got it running without any problems,
apache2/mod-python.

I was working on a page where I described the steps in my installation
process, and added some content from a file in my apache's sites, this
content:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerAdmin postmaster at example.com
  DocumentRoot /srv/moin/red/
  ServerName red.eie.ucr.ac.cr
  Alias /moin_static182/ "/usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/"

  # Rewrite urls
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteLogLevel 0
  # map /wiki static files to Moin htdocs
  RewriteRule ^/moin_static182/(.*)$ /usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/$1 [last]
  RewriteRule ^/robots.txt$ /usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/robots.txt [last]
  RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico$ /usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/favicon.ico [last]
  # map everything else to server script
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /srv/moin/red/moinmodpy.py$1

  <Directory "/srv/moin/red">
    # Modpy stuff
    AddHandler python-program .py
    # Add the path to the wiki directory, where
    # moinmodpy.py and wikiconfig.py are located.
    PythonPath "['/srv/moin/red', ] + sys.path"
    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request.request_modpython::Request.run
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

After I did, I updated the page and then the wiki just blocked and received
the error.

Thanks!