[Moin-user] MoinDump

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Sep 14 11:24:32 EDT 2009

Hi Waqas,

> I am using moinmoin with:
> Apache/2.2.13 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_wsgi/2.3
> Python/2.5.2 mod_auth_sspi/1.0.4

Please note that mod_wsgi 2.3 has known problems with saving pages or
file uploading for specific file sizes. Any more recent version of
mod_wsgi should work better.

That is NOT related to your problem with moin dump, though.

> 1. Created one output dir= C:/temp/moinexport
>
> 2. Created attachments folder under moinexport =
> C:/temp/moinexport/attachments

You do not need to do that (1. and 2.), moin export dump creates those
directories (of course, it needs the filesystem permissions to be able
to do that).

> 3. Paste the default theme folder under moinexport with its subfolder
> “css” and “img” = C:/TEMP/moinexport/modern
>
> 4. Now I run the following command
>
> C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\script>moin.py
> --config-dir=C:/Moin/supwiki --wiki-url=https://localhost/supwiki
> export dump --page=CatAuthors --target=C:/temp/moinexport

I don't think it is a problem in your specific case (you only have one
wiki, not a farm, so likely everything you give will match), but be
careful when specifying --wiki-url (in moin 1.8, I think you must NOT
give http://, just localhost/supwiki).

> 5. Now I got following message
>
> 2009-09-07 17:07:49,318 WARNING MoinMoin.log:139 using logging
> configuration rea
>
> d from built-in fallback in MoinMoin.log module!
>
> 2009-09-07 17:07:49,631 INFO MoinMoin.config.multiconfig:125 using
> wiki config:
>
> C:\Moin\supwiki\wikiconfig.pyc
>
> Writing "CatAuthors.html"...

OK, that is normal. It only writes that one page because you told it to
do so.

It should tell "Writing ..." for all attachments of it also, though.

> All are working very fine till here. Now I go to the target folder and
> open the index.html. It is showing me the name of my front page of
> wiki as a link with other two links: TitelIndex and WordIndex. And top
> of this html page CatAuthors (simple text) is mentioned and footer of
> the page has Timestamp. nothing more.

Well, all that "minimal theme" stuff is rather intended for full dumps
of all wiki pages. If you just dump one page, you'll only get that
single html file.

> Now I open the CatAuthors.html page and it is also the same page like
> index.html. Now I check the attachments folder and it is also empty.
> Actually this CatAuthors page has also attachments in my wiki.

Check if filesystem permissions are OK. The user you run the script as
must be able to read the attachments and write them to the new
attachments folder in the output directory.

> The exported html pages don’t have the contents and attachments of the
> pages.

That's very strange. Are they ACL protected? You need to specify the
user for doing the dump in that case.

BTW, your attachments: are their names pure ascii or any special
non-ascii characters in the names?

Cheers,

Thomas