[Moin-user] help with tables

Radomir Dopieralski moinmoin at sheep.art.pl
Fri Aug 20 10:55:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Thomas Scofield <scofield at calvin.edu> wrote:

> I did not originally have all those css-type statements included in my
> table.  The wiki was setup by someone else, and I am taking over as
> administrator for most issues.  Apparently all tables are being centered
> automatically, which I did not like the look of.  That's the reason for the
> <tablestyle = "float: left;">.  The theme being used in the wiki is
> basically Mandarin (available at the MoinMoin Theme Market), and I found
> these lines in its style.css file
>     /*  margin: 0.5em auto;  */
>     margin: 0.5em;    /*  if you don't like centered tables */
> (originally the top one was active, and the 2nd one commented) which I hoped
> would make left-justification of tables the default.  Truth is, I'm not sure
> if it should or not, as I'm not sure I'm doing the right steps to enact such
> a change:
>   > moin maint cleancache /packages/share/moin/wikis/mywiki/wikiconfig.py
>   > sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

All you need is shift+f5 in your browser -- provided that you modified the file
that is actually being used, not some copy lying around.

> But, if these steps are the right ones, I'm not seeing a difference.
> Nevertheless, whatever the default placement of tables, it seems there
> should be commands to override it for a specific table without such drastic
> effect on the rest of the page.  Do such commands exist, and my <tablestyle
> = ...> is just the wrong one?

You can put in that tablestyle parameter anything that you would normally put
in the css, so tablestyle="margin: 0.5em" would work too.

--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl