[Moin-user] Help -- search in moin-1.9.3 does not work for me

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Dec 13 18:32:57 EST 2010

> I've installed moin-1.9.3 in debian (5.0.7 now with apache -- 2.2.9-10+lenny7,
> libapache2-mod-wsgi -- 2.5-1~lenny1, Python -- 2.5.2, python-xapian --
> 1.0.7-3.1).

Do you mean the moin debian package or the download?

> Added Ukrainian pages, but finally got the same problem with fresh
> install and no any additional pages in "underlay".

To maybe narrow down the problem, you could try running your stuff with
wikiserver.py.

> The problem -- tried to use built-in search and had this: searching had never
> finished, at all -- no any record in apache's access.log, with no any error in
> apache's error.log.

Does any non-search wiki page access work normally? The non-xapian
search is rather simple, just linearly searching one page after the
other.

Does TitleIndex work?

> Next i've enabled search with xapian, indexed my wiki (with no errors),

Did you do this using the same uid as the wiki script is executed with?
If you did not, you may have permissions problems due to wrong owner of
the xapian index.