[Moin-user] HelpOnEditing, HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax & HelpContents don't exist on new installation?

Daryl Spitzer daryl.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:33:55 EDT 2011

I installed MoinMoin on Ubuntu 11.04 using the instructions in
http://moinmo.in/HowTo/UbuntuQuick, including the (first two) bullets
for Ubuntu 10.10 in the Suggestions section at the bottom
(http://moinmo.in/HowTo/UbuntuQuick#Suggestions).

Apache and MoinMoin are running on a machine at my employer with the
hostname "daryls".  (Only visible behind the firewall, of course.)  So
http://daryls/ goes to MyStartingPage.

When I click on HelpOnEditing and HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax while editing a
page, I get a blank page.  HelpContents (when I click on the
HelpContents tab), is also blank.

I found http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinQuestions#MoinMoinQuestions.2BAC8-Errors.reference_to_mywiki_for_HelpOnEditing_.2BAC8_SyntaxReference,
where a similar problem to mine is described.  But clicking on
HelpOnEditing goes to http://daryls/HelpOnEditing,
HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax to http://daryls/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax and
HelpContents goes to http://daryls/HelpContents.  (I don't have the
extra "/instance_name/" in the URL as they describe.)  But just to be
sure, I cleared the contents of /usr/share/moin/data/cache, which made
no difference.

I too wonder (like "twm" in the question) whether this is a
configuration error.  Do I need to tell MoinMoin or Apache that the
domain name of the server is "daryls"?

--
Daryl