[Moin-user] Unable to successfully access user account browser

Rick Vanderveer rvanderveer at cognitivearts.com
Tue Jun 23 09:26:01 EDT 2015

If you manually delete files from the data/user folder, your server will not implode.

Every once in a rare while, I've had to do this for one reason or another.  Here's the impact of deleting a user file, as far as I can determine--

  *   Assuming a majority of those users have done nothing but view pages, then there's just about zero impact.
  *   If a user subscribed to page change notifications, those emailed notifications will stop (a good thing).
  *   If that user edited a page, then those edited pages will show their UUID instead of their proper name, which looks kinda odd.
In my experience, the vast majority of users fall into the first category, and only a small handful fall into the 3rd category.  So, I only really worry about those in the last category, but that list is small enough that they're easy to avoid.

One final step-- Be sure to restart the WSGI and/or Apache service (depending on how you have it set up) to clear the memory cache, after you're done.

-Rick