[Neuroimaging] Website Update

vanessa sochat vsochat at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 17 00:18:03 CEST 2015

Hi Everyone,

Here is an update to the site. I've ported it into jekyll
<https://github.com/vsoch/nipy-jekyll>, and tested the template on iphone
and computer (seems reasonable). I've also gotten it to render the
artifacts on circle.ci <https://circleci.com/gh/vsoch/nipy-jekyll/32>, so
we could preview PRs (Click "artifact" and then find home.html
<https://circle-artifacts.com/gh/vsoch/nipy-jekyll/32/artifacts/0/home/ubuntu/nipy-jekyll/_site/home.html>).
However, I've run into a bug with regard to absolute vs. relative paths -
when you click the demo link above, the "posts" not being at the base url
means they will not be linked or render correctly (for example, here is a
link
<https://circle-artifacts.com/gh/vsoch/nipy-jekyll/32/artifacts/0/home/ubuntu/nipy-jekyll/_site/code-syntax/index.html>
to a post on circle, and you won't see styling because the css/js links are
broken)

The site works perfectly given that we aren't serving it at a relative
path, eg:

jekyll serve --baseurl="/"

And the challenge is finding a solution that will render locally, on github
pages, and circle.ci, and what we need, I think, is some kind of liquid
syntax that will detect when we are in a subfolder and render
appropriately. I've been messing around with it for 7 hours today and can't
figure it out, and I need to ask for help. Could someone else take a look?
Likely someone with more experience than me with Jekyll could figure this
out in a heartbeat (Ariel?) The plan right now, I'd like to propose, would
be to figure out this bug, get it onto a (test) github pages, tweak the
details of the content, make proper documentation, and then release to
official github pages.

Best,

Vanessa

--