[Neuroimaging] Neuroimaging Engineer Opportunity

paulo rodrigues khamael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:47:31 EST 2016

Hello all,

Mint Labs <http://www.mint-labs.com/> is looking to fill a R&D position on
neuroimaging processing. Mint Labs is a multi-disciplinary science and
engineering start-up. The company's mission is to develop technologies to
better understand the human brain and the diseases that affect it. Our
primary focus is on neuroimaging methods, including MRI, that yield
insights into the living brain.

*Context*

The challenge is to develop analysis systems for multidimensional medical
datasets that include imaging. Mint Labs is a SaaS platform that focus on
integrating diverse clinical, imaging, genomic, and other data to better
evaluate disease progression and response to interventions.

You thrive in analyzing data, developing pipelines to process imaging data,
and integrate multiple data points into meaningful group conclusions? You
are experienced in volumetric, diffusion, rs-fMRI studies, and are not shy
about Python, bash, R or whatever tool fits the work?

*Objectives of the position*

The position hinges on processing of very large databases. Important
novelties of the project are:

   - Building predictive models to discriminate multiple pathologies in
   large inhomogeneous datasets.
   - Using and improving advanced connectomics and brain-parcellation
   techniques in dMRI / fMRI.
   - Support the interaction with several external research partners and
   clients to develop neuroimaging analysis

*Desired profile*

We are looking for a doctoral or post-doctoral fellow to hire in beginning
of 2016. The ideal candidate would have some, but not all, of the following
expertise and interests:

   - Experience in advanced processing of MRI, dMRI and fMRI
   - General knowledge of brain structure and function
   - Good communication skills to write high-impact neuroscience
   publications
   - Good computing skills, in particular with Python. Cloud computing
   experience is desired.

*A great R&D environment*

We're a growing, product-centric team located in Barcelona Spain.

We strive on solving hard problems with creative solutions, and have fun
during the process - after all we are in Barcelona. As an engineer in our
team, you will tackle the challenges that arise as we build a large-scale
system for data processing and distribution. The scale at which our systems
must operate requires highly-performing algorithms and data structures.
Solving complex distributed systems and ensuring data security are
essential. In addition, you will interact closely with top researchers
worldwide, using our platform.

We are looking for independent thinkers with a deep understanding of the
problems we are solving who are not afraid to significantly influence how
the system can be improved. We hire people, not roles -- if you don't see
an interesting job description but believe that you can add value to Mint
Labs, we would love to hear from you.

***Contact**: *

team at mint-labs.com, paulo at mint-labs.com

***Application**:*

Interested candidate should send CV and a motivation letter
ᐧ