[Neuroimaging] errors installing other modules in dipy

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:51:50 EDT 2016

Hi Vivek,

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 3:30 AM, Vivek Joshi <vivekjoshi1894 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hello
> I ve installed dipy using the instructions given in the dipy website. But
> when trying to install other modules my setup.py got overwritten. Now i m
> getting errors trying to fetch sherbrooke_3shell dataset.

I am not exactly sure what you mean. Could you tell me exactly what you did
(step by step)? Which instructions did you follow? The ones to install from
the source code (
http://nipy.org/dipy/installation.html#installing-from-source)? Or for
installing a released version (I think that would be better in this case:
http://nipy.org/dipy/installation.html#installing-a-release)?

> Also i want to denoise the dataset using wavelet denoising. For that i
> need to install other modules. How to do that?

Again - I am not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean that you want to
install other libraries (e.g., pywavelets
<http://www.pybytes.com/pywavelets/>)? You should be able to do that in
parallel to your Dipy installation.

Cheers,

Ariel