[Neuroimaging] nibabel: probelm reading a nii.gz

Gabriel Reynés greynell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 13:30:48 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have some troubles reading a nii.gz with nibabel. I get the error:
"nibabel.filebasedimages.ImageFileError: Cannot work out file type of"

So far I tried to unzip the file to a nii, but I did not achieve anything.
The image is not corrupt as I can see it using ImageJ.
It only contains a mask, so maybe is lacking some field nibabel is
searching for? I just need the mask to post-process the image, so I don't
need any other field.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your time,

Gabriel