[Neuroimaging] Neurohackademy: summer school in neuroimaging and data science, July 30th - August 10th, 2018

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 00:12:48 EST 2018

We are happy to announce a call for applications to participate in
Neurohackademy 2018!

This two-week hands-on workshop (formerly "Neurohackweek"), held at the
University of Washington eScience Institute in Seattle, July 30th - August
10th, 2018, will focus on technologies used to analyze human neuroscience
data, on methods used to extract information from large datasets of
publicly available data (such as the Human Connectome Project, OpenfMRI,
etc.), and on tools for making human neuroscience research open and
reproducible.

Neurohackademy sessions in the first week will include lectures and
tutorials on data science, machine learning, data visualization and data
resources. The second week will be devoted to participant-directed
activities: guided work on team projects, hackathon sessions, and breakout
sessions on topics of interest.

Instructors include Deanna Barch, Eva Dyer, Fernando Perez, Russ Poldrack,
Jake Vanderplas, Gael Varoquaux, Tor Wager, and Kirstie Whitaker, among
others.

*For more details, see: https://neurohackademy.github.io/
<https://neurohackademy.github.io/>*

We are now accepting applications to participate from trainees and
researchers in different stages of their career (graduate students,
postdocs, faculty, and research staff) at:

https://form.jotform.com/80126067304145

Ideally, applicants should have some prior experience with neuroscience
data analysis, but we welcome applications from participants with a variety
of relevant backgrounds.

Accepted applicants will be asked to pay a fee of $200 upon final
registration. This fee will include participation in the course,
accommodation in the UW dorms, and two meals a day (breakfast and lunch),
for the duration of the course. A limited number of fee waivers and travel
grants will be available. We encourage students with financial need and
students from groups that are underrepresented in neuroimaging and data
science to apply for these grants (see application form for details).

*Important dates:*
*March 19th: Application deadline*
*April 5th: Notification of acceptance*
*April 23rd: Final registration deadline*

On behalf of the instructors,

Ariel Rokem, University of Washington
Tal Yarkoni, University of Texas, Austin