[Neuroimaging] OrthoSlicer3D

Christopher Markiewicz markiewicz at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 25 08:23:13 EDT 2019

Hi Dalton,

Without seeing the file or a screenshot, my best guess is that your affine matrix indicates the "center" of the image is in a corner and that the edges of the image are empty. Try clicking in the middle of each square to select different voxels. If there is content in the middle of your image, selecting a voxel in the center should reveal it.

If you're calling `OrthoSlicer3D` directly, then your origin will be at (i, j, k) = (0, 0, 0), which will cause the situation I describe above. It will also treat your voxels as isotropic 1mm, which may not be correct. For NIfTI and other volumetric files, I would recommend the alternative `img.orthoview()`, which will pass the correct affine matrix by default.

Also a quick note that OrthoSlicer3D doesn't work well on OSX. That may be another source of problems.

Chris