[Neuroimaging] Nibabel: Merge window for Python 2-compatible features

Christopher Markiewicz markiewicz at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 26 11:35:33 EDT 2019

Hi all,

This is just a heads up that I'm planning to release nibabel 2.5.0 at the end of July. nibabel 2.5.x will be the last series to support Python 2, and all further releases in the series will be bug-fix only. Bug-fix support for 2.5.x will extend to the end of 2020, per the discussion in https://github.com/nipy/nibabel/issues/735.

If there are features that you've been meaning to add, and would like to see supported in Python 2, now is the time to propose them.

I anticipate a nibabel 3.0 release candidate in October, with a full release before the new year. Note that nibabel 3.0 will be Python 3.5+, as Python 3.4 has also reached end-of-life.

Thanks,

--

Chris Markiewicz

Center for Reproducible Neuroscience