[Neuroimaging] Discourse category for DICOM discussions

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:29:20 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 5:09 PM Satrajit Ghosh <satra at mit.edu> wrote:

> hi mathew,
>
> categories are created by incf admins. in the past users were encouraged to tags and post everything under neuroquestions, as we did not want to blow up categories and everything could be searched through tags. for example:
>
> https://neurostars.org/tag/nibabel
>
> and here is an example of multi tag search.
>
> https://neurostars.org/search?q=tag%3Acifti%20tag%3Anibabel

Ah - yes - I get the idea, but that does make me wonder whether it
would be better to have a Discourse instance that was specific to
Python - equivalent to this mailing list, but with sub-topics.  I
really like the Jupyter setup where you go straight to various helpful
Categories, so it's pretty obvious where to start:

https://discourse.jupyter.org/

I can see that wouldn't make sense, for a site as general as
Neurostars - there would just be too many categories...

Cheers,

Matthew