[Numpy-discussion] Re: numarray 1.3.1 setup patch for mac OS X veclib

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Fri May 27 09:42:02 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 11:09, Andrew Jaffe wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My apologies, but I seem to have made a mistake in the distutils patch
> for OS X, which has unfortunately made it into the latest 1.3.2
> release.
>
> The bottom line is, I think, that we need an explicit include dir for
> cblas.h, rather than framework.
>
> Thus, we really need to add the following line to cfg_packages.py:
>          lapack_include_dirs +=
> ['/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers']
> in the block that deals with the veclib framework (around line 53)
>
> This should be generic -- it's a symlink to the current version -- but I
> don't know if there's a better way to auto-generate the dir name.
>
> Sorry for not testing thoroughly enough!
>
> Andrew

Thanks for the new include dirs and for the original patch.  They're
both now in CVS.  Since the default Mac OS-X non-vecLib build works
fine,  I'm going to wait a few weeks for 1.3.3.

I have related question though:  Should USE_LAPACK be the default for
Mac OS-X?  Is the vecLib framework is *always* there?

Regards,
Todd