[Numpy-discussion] Re: numarray 1.3.1 setup patch for mac OS X veclib

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:11:42 EDT 2005

Hi Todd etc,

> I have related question though:  Should USE_LAPACK be the default for
> Mac OS-X?  Is the vecLib framework is *always* there?
>
> Regards,
> Todd

I think it's always there under OS X per se, but not, perhaps, under
non-OS X Darwin. Does anyone out there use Darwin under those
circumstances?

But given the structure of the distutils, why not just check for the
existence of the *framework*, in which case you know that use_lapack is
appropriate?

Andrew