[Numpy-discussion] Time for beta1 of NumPy 1.0

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 30 14:42:33 EDT 2006

+1 for some sort of float.  I am a little confused as to why Float64
is a particularly good choice.  Can someone explain in more detail?
Presumably this is the most sensible ctype and translates to a python
float well?

In general though I agree that this is a now or never change.  I
suspect we will change a lot of matlab -> Numeric/numarray transitions
into matlab -> numpy transitions with this change.

I guess it will take a little longer for 1.0 to get out though :(  Ah well.

Cheers.
Jon.