[Numpy-discussion] Installing Numpy on Python 2.3 Windows

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 20:53:11 EDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Amir Hirsch <amirh at mit.edu> wrote:
> The Python 2.3 installation I am using came with OpenOffice.org 2.2 and it must
> not have registered python with Windows.  I require PyUNO and Numpy (and
> PyOpenGL and Ctypes) to work together for the application I am developing and
> PyUno seems only to work with the OOo distribution of Python 2.3.

I only can suggest a hack (not a win guy, hopefully). Try to do a
normal installation ofr python 2.3 in you machine (or other), and next
monkey copy the ouput of the numpy installation inside the Python
related to openoffice.

Of course, not completelly sure if it will work, but it is a easy try.
Other way could be to manually monkey modify your registry (but I have
not idea of what is needed for this working).

--
Lisandro Dalcín