[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Wed Apr 15 14:31:29 EDT 2009

Fadhley Salim wrote:
> Thomasm,
>
> What want is the current latest Numpy as a win32 .egg file for Python
> 2.4.4. I'm not bothered how I get there. We've been able to compile

> * Dont care how I make it as long as it works!

Are you aware that the reason numpy is not distributed as an .egg is so
that the installer can determine the correct architecture (no SSE, SSE,
SSE2) and install the appropriate files? This is not possible with .egg,
so you'll either have to ship the no SSE version or ensure that it will
be installed on only computers with the appropriate SIMD processor.

-Andrew