[Numpy-discussion] Plans for Numpy 1.4.0 and scipy 0.8.0

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 02:18:52 EDT 2009

On Jun 21, 2009, at 5:01 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> (Continuing the discussion initiated in the neighborhood iterator
> thread)
>
> Hi,
>
>    I would like to gather people's opinion on what to target for numpy
> 1.4.0.

Is this a wish list ?

* As Darren mentioned, some __array_prepare__ method called when a
ufunc is called on a subclass of ndarray, before any computation takes
place. Think of it as a parallel to __array_wrap__

* A .metadata/.addinfo object storing additional information along a
ndarray. Travis O. mentioned that a little while back. Could probably
wait a bit, till 1.5 ?