[Numpy-discussion] MKL Path error on Cygwin after installing on windows.

Sandeep Devadas dsandie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 04:54:33 EDT 2009

Hi David,

  On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM, David Cournapeau <
david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Hi Sandeep,
>
> Sandeep Devadas wrote:
> > Hello There,
> >                 My name is Sandeep Devadas and im trying to install
> > numpy for python on Cygwins latest version(1.5.xx) on Windows XP.I'm
> > getting an error message when I follow the instructions given at
> > http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows
>
> You can't build a native numpy for windows on cygwin. You need to build
> from cmd.exe and a native python (from python.org). Note also that
> building numpy with the MKL is relatively complex - we may not be able
> to help you to do it completely.

I need to build numpy for python interpreter on cygwin.There is one program
which has been compiled on cygwin and is being called as a module on python
interpreter(installed on cygwin).There is another program which requires
numpy as a pre-requisite install before it can be installed.So numpy on
python under cygwin is the only way out.Please let me know how to install
numpy under cygwin.

Thanks.