[Numpy-discussion] Built Lapack, Atlas from source.... now numpy.linalg.eig() hangs at 100% CPU

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:09:59 EDT 2009

some other things I might mention, though I doubt they would have an effect:

When i built Atlas, I had to force it to use a 32-bit pointer length (I
assume this is correct for a 32-bit OS as gcc.stub_64 wasnt found on my
system)

in numpy's site.cfg I only linked to the pthread .so's. Should I have also
linked to the single threaded counterparts in the section above? (I assumed
one would be overridden by the other)

Other than those, I followed closely the instructions on scipy.org.

Chris