[Numpy-discussion] 1.6.0b1 half float buffer bug?

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:12:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Eli Stevens (Gmail)
> <wickedgrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Next up for me is to get a patch onto the CPython issue tracker, but
>> as soon as I have that done, I'll start working on adding unit tests
>> to my numpy fork.  I anticipate being able to get that done today.
>
> Sounds good.

CPython issue here:
http://bugs.python.org/issue11734

My numpy changes so far:
https://github.com/wickedgrey/numpy/compare/23965b6b665985390d7a...maintenance%2F1.6.x

>From my last commit message:
"Note that my changes to _internal were mostly of the "make it work"
variety; I'm not really understanding the wider scope.  Very much
needs review by wiser eyes."

I'd also appreciate some feedback on the unit test coverage; the
test_roundtrip_half function uncovered a problem that the other two
didn't (which surprised me), and I'd like to make sure that there
aren't more gaps in the tests that I've written.

Thanks for all the help!
Eli