[Numpy-discussion] 1.8.1 release

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:48:09 EST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> A lot of fixes have gone into the 1.8.x branch and it looks about time to do
>> a bugfix release. There are a couple of important bugfixes still to
>> backport, but if all goes well next weekend, March 1, looks like a good
>> target date. So give the current 1.8.x branch a try so as to check that it
>> covers your most urgent bugfix needs.
>
> I'd like to volunteer to make a .whl build for Mac.   Is there
> anything special I should do to coordinate with y'all?  It would be
> very good to put it up on pypi for seamless pip install...

Current trunk wheel at
http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/scipy_installers/numpy-1.8.0.dev_a89a36e-cp27-none-macosx_10_6_intel.whl

Testing welcome.  You'll need OSX and latest setuptools and latest pip and :

    curl -O http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/scipy_installers/numpy-1.8.0.dev_a89a36e-cp27-none-macosx_10_6_intel.whl
    pip install --pre --no-index --find-links . numpy

I built the wheel on a 10.9 laptop and tested it on a bare-metal
no-compiler 10.6 laptop, so I think it will work.

I'll set up daily wheel build / tests on our buildbots as well.

Cheers,

Matthew