[Numpy-discussion] new mingw-w64 based numpy and scipy wheel (still experimental)

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Mon Feb 9 10:35:35 EST 2015

Hi Carl,

Could you please provide some details on how you used your
mingw-static toolchain to build OpenBLAS, numpy & scipy? I would like
to replicate but apparently the default Makefile in the openblas
projects expects unix commands such as `uname` and `perl` that are not
part of your archive. Did you compile those utilities from source or
did you use another distribution of mingw with additional tools such
as MSYS?

For numpy and scipy, besides applying your patches, did you configure
anything in site.cfg? I understand that you put the libopenblas.dll in
the numpy/core folder but where do you put the BLAS / LAPACK header
files?

I would like to help automating that build in some CI environment
(with either Windows or Linux + wine) but I am affraid that I am not
familiar enough with the windows build of numpy & scipy to get it
working all by myself.

--
Olivier