[Numpy-discussion] Custom Dtype/Units discussion

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 11 13:39:05 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe this can be an informal BOF session?

or  maybe a formal BoF? after all, how formal do they get?

Anyway, it was my understanding that we really needed to do some
significant refactoring of how numpy deals with dtypes in order to do this
kind of thing cleanly -- so where has that gone since last year?

Maybe this conversation should be about how to build a more flexible dtype
system generally, rather than specifically about unit support. (though unit
support is a great use-case to focus on)

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov