[Numpy-discussion] adding Quansight Labs as institutional partner

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 03:10:40 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Last week I joined Quansight. In Quansight Labs I will be working on
increasing the contributions to core SciPy/PyData projects, and will also
have funded time to work on NumPy and other projects myself. Hameer Abbasi
has had and will continue to have funded time to work on NumPy as well. So
I have submitted a pull request (gh-13289) to add Quansight Labs as an
Institutional Partner (we list those at
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/governance/people.html#institutional-partners,
currently only BIDS).

Both Travis and I wrote blog posts about where we want to go with Quansight
Labs. Given the relevance to NumPy I thought it would be appropriate to
reference those posts here:
- https://www.quansight.com/single-post/2019/04/02/Welcoming-Ralf-Gommers-as-Director-of-Quansight-Labs

- https://labs.quansight.org/blog/2019/4/joining-labs/

Any feedback, suggestion or idea is very welcome.

Cheers,
Ralf