[Numpy-discussion] adding Quansight Labs as institutional partner

Alan Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 12:04:42 EDT 2019

Under the section "How will we fund this?" in the first Quansight link,
there is not category of "individual and institutional donations".
I noticed this because the question recently arose at my university,
how can the university occasionally donate to NumPy development?
In order for this to happen, the recipient of the donation and the
intended use of the funds must be transparently documented.  As an
example, suppose one goes to numpy.org and scrolls down (!?) to
the "Donate to Numpy" button.  It is entirely unclear what that
means, and clicking the button leads to a flipcause site that fails
to clarify.  I suspect many academic institutions would be interested
in making occasional, modest contributions toward NumPy development,
if the recipient and intended uses were entirely transparent.

Cheers, Alan Isaac