[Numpy-discussion] Using a pyproject.toml file

Tyler Reddy tyler.je.reddy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 12:05:45 EDT 2019

For what it's worth, pyproject.toml seems to have been adopted without much
friction in SciPy. In some CI runs in SciPy, we use something like "pip
wheel --no-build-isolation -v -v -v" to disable the isolation in any case.

I suppose NumPy is indeed even closer to the base of the ecosystem, but the
ease of disabling may mitigate concerns related to switching from
system-installed dependencies to an isolated environment for a naive "pip
install"

Tyler