[Numpy-discussion] manylinux wheels with Github Actions

Robert McLeod robbmcleod at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:26:17 EST 2020

Everyone,

I'm looking to move `numexpr` into GitHub Actions for the combination of
testing but also building wheels for deployment to pypi. I've never really
been satisfied with the Appveyor/Travis combo and the documentation around
Actions seems to be a lot stronger. I thought I might ask for advice on the
mailing list before I jump in.

Does anyone here know of good, working examples of such for scientific
packages that I could crib as a guide? I would want/need to make use of
manylinux1 Docker images for building Linux wheels.

https://github.com/pypa/manylinux

This is an example recipe that builds Cython using a custom Docker image.
It's a nice starting point but it would be preferable to use the official
pypa images.

https://github.com/marketplace/actions/python-wheels-manylinux-build
Kivy is a working example with a pretty complete test and build setup
(although it's a bit over complicated for my purposes):

https://github.com/kivy/kivy/tree/master/.github/workflows

Anyone have any experiences to share with test and deploy via Actions?
Robert

--
Robert McLeod
robbmcleod at gmail.com