[Numpy-discussion] manylinux wheels with Github Actions

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:34:43 EST 2020

I have had good experiences for about a year now using CIBUILDWHEEL
<https://github.com/joerick/cibuildwheel> on Azure for VisPy
<https://github.com/vispy/vispy/blob/master/azure-pipelines.yml> and on
python-rtmixer
<https://github.com/spatialaudio/python-rtmixer/blob/master/azure-pipelines.yml>
deploy Linux, Windows, and macOS wheels to PyPi automatically when a
release is tagged. It wasn't difficult to set up rtmixer after David Hoese
did the heavy lifting sorting out everything with VisPy.

I haven't used other methods so I can't really offer any comparison, but
the overhead for those two fairly simple (from a build-and-deploy
perspective) projects at least has seemed pretty low.

My 2c,
Eric