[omaha] Meeting Location

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Mon Jul 30 16:58:26 CEST 2007

Eli,

I didn't think to check out Clancy's on 114th.  I was scouting
locations closer to UNO.  Since it is so close to the meeting (Wed)
what say we have it the 72nd street location this month, we can scout
the 114th location for the next meeting?  If you wouldn't mind, could
you check it out?

Brad,
Have either of you tried Gobby? http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/  Its a
collaborative editor supporting multiple documents in one session.
Since we won't have a big screen, I was thinking of a more flexible
way to show code / presentations.  It's easy to use, multi-platform
and doesn't require a server (although that is supported).

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is shared browsing.  Since I
don't expect the meeting to be more than 4-6 people this time, it is
not that big of a deal, but as the group grows it would be a handy
thing.  Allowing us to meet without the need for a projector/big
display.

I am open to alternatives or suggestions.

-Jeff

On 7/30/07, Brad Siegfreid <brad at iridiumdesign.com> wrote:
> Clancy's is OK with me (including the location mentioned by Eli) and
> I intend to be there.
>
> Is the problem with presentations a lack of privacy or a bigger display?
>

> Brad
>

> On Jul 29, 2007, at 9:13 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
>
> > Ok, UNO has been a bit slow to respond.  With the other locations I've
> > scouted being a bit on the small side and having one problem or
> > another, I think I've found a workable solution - Clancy's @ 72nd and
> > Pacific.
> >
> > Big tables so our group won't be a problem, food/drink and wireless.
> > If anyone has an objection, please voice it now -- I am going to post
> > the meeting location to the wiki tonight.
> >
> > I've got a couple ideas about how to work the presentations and such
> > -- I'll post more later tonight on that.
> >

> > What say you?
> >

> > -Jeff
> > www.omahapython.org

Jeff Hinrichs