[Overload-sig] Experimenting on real-world groups with potential solutions

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Thu Jun 23 13:25:46 EDT 2016

> On Jun 23, 2016, at 1:19 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>
> I'm sold. Let's start by moving this very sig to Discourse, or at least by setting up a parallel Discourse instance where we can discuss this and experiment.

Ok. I guess I can take on doing that. Let me investigate the options for hosting. I know that discourse the company offers paid hosting of discourse the software and I think they give it free to OSS projects, even at their own domain, provided they make the URL something like ``discourse.python.org``. If that’s acceptable I can reach out to them and try to set that up. If we’d rather have a name that isn’t tied to a specific piece of software (like ``discuss.python.org``) or we’d rather not host this externally then i can see about setting that up on our own infrastructure.

Either way, Discourse provides a way to suck up all of the data out of it into a backup and “take it with you” which you can import into a running instance elsewhere so the downside of using hosted is pretty low I think.

—
Donald Stufft